March 23, 2013
As time approaches to Arya’s due date, I am spending a lot of my free time in the garage trying to get the dresser complete before her arrival.
I begin the next phase by doing my least favorite, but very necessary part of woodworking, the sanding. Once I had everything sanded and smoothed out, I moved onto the painting stage. After I masked off the cabinet interior , due to it already having the polyurethane finish, I applied the primer coat to the entire assembly. …
February 28, 2013
Once all of the components were cut, I moved into the assembly phase of the dresser project.
I started by assembling and gluing the main body carcass as well as the top drawer carcass. In order to get a smooth interior finish on the cabinet, prior to assembly, I coated the components of the cabinet with 3 coats of water-based polyurethane.
January 31, 2013
I had no interest in making Arya’s crib, for several reasons, we ended up purchasing the Larkin Fixed Gate 4-in-1 Crib from Pottery Barn Kids. While at the store, we saw a matching dresser that we liked, but didn’t like the price. So, I decided it was time to dust off the table saw and make a matching dresser, myself.
In December, 2012, I visited my favorite lumber yard, Mason’s Mill and Lumber Co., to get all of the wood supplies for the dresser after I drew up the design.…