March 1, 2010
Tonight I installed the last item to complete our bathroom remodel, the shower rod. I would have finished the bathroom a couple weeks ago, but I did not order enough wallpaper and had to order another roll (FOR 6 WHOLE INCHES) to complete it.
But now it is done and we are quite happy with how it turned out. Below are some shots of the finished project. Due to the confined space, it is hard to get some good shots of the bathroom, but hopefully you can get the idea from the pictures.…
January 31, 2010
Today I was able to get the cabinet installed. I still have some plumbing hookups to do (missing some parts) and still have to install the toe kick.
We also ordered new wallpaper, towel rods, and light fixture. Once I get that all installed, our bathroom renovation will be complete.
January 30, 2010
I have moved onto removing the tile backsplash and build-back of the portion of the wall that gets removed in the process.
January 26, 2010
Last night, I began the demolition process of my existing bathroom cabinet. For the most part, the process went a lot smoother than I anticipated. I was able to get the cabinet completely demolished in less than an hour. Next up will be to remove the tile backsplash.
January 24, 2010
I got the Ghibli Granite Counter for my new bathroom cabinet a couple months back, but due to the holiday, just now had the chance to do some final touches work on the cabinet.
Today, I cut and applied the reveal spacer for the top of the cabinet and painted the reveal black. The pictures below document the process.
November 9, 2009
The cabinets are pretty much done and I am waiting on the counter. I selected Ghiblee Granite for the counter material and it is currently being fabricated. I’ll update as soon as I get the counter and then I can start in the bathroom with removing the old cabinets.
November 2, 2009
I finished putting on the final coats of polyurethane this weekend and was able to install the doors and associated hardware. Below are some pictures of the cabinets all together. The drawer fronts are just sitting in the opening because I still have to make the drawers. Once that is done, I can move on to removing the old cabinets. Next up is to pick the granite for the counter and make the drawers.
October 25, 2009
Unfortunately I did not document the process of making these cabinets. However, I am at the final stages of building the new cabinets for our bathroom remodel. Today I finally got enough consecutive days of dry weather and was able to start putting the final coats of polyurethane on the cabinets. Here are some pictures of the cabinets as I prep them for the sprayer. The first pictures are of the tall and lavatory cabinet carcasses, These were made from 3/4″ and 1/2″ maple veneer plywood with solid maple face frames.…