Neck Decal

Today I started off by applying the Sable decal to the Truss Rod Cover Plate. I first sanded the polyurethane finish I sprayed on the cover yesterday lightly to get a smooth surface and then trimmed and applied the decal.

Once that was done, I went to pick up another can of the Blitz Black paint. I sanded the guitar lightly and then proceeded to spray 4 more coats of the paint on the body. Well, to my surprise, this application came out somewhat shiny, as well. Therefore, I need to find out what the problem is. Guess I won’t be putting the electronics in next week, after all. I am not sure if I am getting a bad batch of paint or what is going on. Stay tuned as the story unfolds.

While I sprayed the body, I also started applying coats of satin polyurethane to the neck to protect the decals. I put on about 7 coats and will let it set before I smooth it out with some light sanding and apply the final coats.