Wall Mirror

A while back, I came up with a couple design concepts of a wall mirror frame for the art niche above our fireplace. Originally I envisioned that the mirror would be made out of Koa.  After sleeping on the idea for the first concept, I considered it to be too symmetrical and boring.  So I revisited it and came …

Arya’s Nursery (Complete)

Now that Arya is home and things have settled down a bit, I was finally able to complete her Nursery Tree Mural as I had intended.  The original concept was to have her initials appear as if they were carved into the tree along with a date for when they are carved.  The date being …

Arya’s Nightstand

During Arya’s Dresser Project, I realized her nursery needed another piece of furniture, a nightstand.  Once again, the options out there just cost too much, so I came up with a quick, simple design that added design elements from the crib so it would match that and the dresser. I got the poplar lumber needed …

Arya’s Dresser (Complete)

As time approaches to Arya’s due date, I am spending a lot of my free time in the garage trying to get the dresser complete before her arrival. I begin the next phase by doing my least favorite, but very necessary part of woodworking, the sanding.  Once I had everything sanded and smoothed out, I …

Arya’s Dresser (Part 2)

Once all of the components were cut, I moved into the assembly phase of the dresser project. I started by assembling and gluing the main body carcass as well as the top drawer carcass.  In order to get a smooth interior finish on the cabinet, prior to assembly, I coated the components of the cabinet …